November 22, 2009

Ilayaraja mentions how Sarath Kumar was selected for Pazhassi Raja



Malayalam film Pazhassi Raja which has Mammooty and Sarathkumar in the cast is running successfully in Kerala.

The audio for the Tamil version of this film was released by Ilayaraja at Sathyam Cinemas yesterday. While speaking on this occasion he said,” The story of Pazhassi Raja was written by the famous Malayalam writer M T Vasudevan Nair. When it was decided to adapt this into a film it was Vasudevan Nair who recommended Sarathkumar’s name for the role of Lieutenant Edachana Kungan.

He said that Sarath Kumar would be suitable for the role. In fact the real super star is Vasudevan Nair. It is only the story that decides the fate of a film. Without the story, there is no super star or supreme star. After seeing Pazhassi Raja I said that Sarath Kumar has acted well.

That doesn’t mean that Mammooty has not acted well. Whenever I compose music for a film, I always feel that I am composing for my first film. In truth Pazhassi Raja is my first film. I think this should have been my first film.”

No comments:

Post a Comment