March 24, 2010

Suzanne Shaw shows off her curves as she prepares for 'sexy' Emmerdale debut

As she reclines on an artfully dishevelled bed, it seems Suzanne Shaw is already getting into character for her Emmerdale debut.
The singer is joining the soap as feisty and flirty Eve Birch, the granddaughter of battle-axe Edna, who will ruffle some feathers in the village as she unleashes her charms.
And Suzanne can't wait for her new challenge. 'Walking into the village when it's something you've grown up watching is really strange,' she said.
Suzanne Shaw
Soap star: Suzanne Shaw prepares for her Emmerdale debut

'My character is outrageous with guys. She's the one who chats them up, so it's fun to play her.'



In joining the soap Suzanne is following in the footsteps of former Hear'Say bandmate Kym Marsh, now a Coronation Street star.
The 28-year-old says she thinks she looks better now than in her pop star days - when she looked 'awful'.

Suzanne Shaw
Man eater: Her character Eve Birch will ruffle some feathers in the village as she unleashes her charms
But even after slimming down from a size 14 to a size 8, 5ft 2in Suzanne still has body issues.


'I'm meant to be sexy and attractive, and everyone on the show is tiny,' she told Look magazine. 'Seriously, I've got three weeks to get into hot pants on set.'
The 2008 Dancing On Ice winner says she will always want to work on her body.
I'm never secure about it. I don't believe any woman is,' she said.

'Last Christmas I ate so much that my boobs trebled in size and someone asked if I was pregnant. I've done the same again this year - and I need to lose a stone.'
Suzanne Shaw
In great shape: But while she has slimmed down from a size 14 to a size 8, Suzanne admits she still has body issues


But she doesn't want to lose too much weight.

'I like to have curves - things still have to wobble,' she said.
Suzanne is mother to five-year-old Corey with former boyfriend Darren Day.
Last year she married DJ Jason King, but says her past experiences have had an effect on her ability to trust.
'I do hope me and Jason will be together forever, but you don't know. I don't think you can ever say forever.
'I still have my barriers up, because I'm a mother and I have to protect myself. I have to be strong for Corey.'
Suzanne Shaw
Never secure: But Suzanne doesn't want to lose all her curves

No comments:

Post a Comment