July 23, 2010

Indian actress : Chitrangada Singh

I knew no one from the film industry. I never thought it would be easy for me to be in movies. But I've always been a total movie buff - acting, dancing and singing through school. Then I did a number of ads and music videos. `Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi' just happened", - Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangda Singh is an Indian film actress who is best known for starring in the critically acclaimed 2003 film Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi. She started off her career as a model before making the transition to the silver screen. Her ad credits include ICICI bank and Alukkas Jewellery. Chitrangda also acted in the 2005 film Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow in 2005 and following her marriage to India's golfer Jyoti Randhawa she quit acting. Recently she is set to make a comeback to films. She was rumoured to appear in the film Tera Kya Hoga Johnny in an item number (a fact she denied in an interview. She is however confirmed to be making her acting comeback with the leading role opposite Sanjay Suri in a film titled Sorry Bhai!. She will also feature in Sudhir Mishra's Devdas in the role of Chandramukhi. She is noted for her resemblance to the late actress Smita Patil. She is also the sister of Indian golfer Digvijay Singh.
Chitrangda also featured in Auguest issue of "Verve" magazine !

Chitrangada Singh

Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh

'Chitrangada Singh is just taking a break'

Recently, actor wife Chitrangada's sudden 'quitting' of films was attributed to him objecting to her career. Golfer Jyoti Randhawa sets the record straight.  I am proud that my wife (Chitrangada Singh) is a celebrity in her own right: The speculation that Chitrangada is quitting films is all baseless.  She is just taking some time off this year. She was busy with her schedule most of the time and she now wants to travel with me. She is taking a break for six-seven months. She's not quitting. ... ... I have watched both her films: But I liked her performance in Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi better than in Kal. I have no doubts that she is a good actor and has the talent to do much better roles.  I am not a fashion conscious person but I believe in style: On the turf, I make it a point to colour coordinate my belt, socks, shoes and tees. It is something you do to look presentable on the field.  But off the turf, I have my designer suits. My wife knows my wardrobe better because she does all the shopping for me. She has been travelling with me, and she understands what looks good on me.  All my life, I have seen role models in my father and my brother. The way you dress up and your body language, your speech all go into making you a stylish person. ... ... I always enjoy playing in India: This year, I'm playing here after a long time. It is always a great feeling to play in my own country. But I had a mediocre performance at the Hero Honda Open.  I finished sixth. I had some good chances, but couldn't capitalise on them. In a few weeks time, I will be in China to play another tournament where I hope to have an impressive performance.  I did not start the year very well: I still have time and would like to end the year with a bang. My performance has been slightly inconsistent.  I hope that the country will produce more successful players in the international circuit: We have more golf courses in India than before. Also there is more money in the sport from the sponsors. ... ... To play at the highest level, your concentration has to be always on top: You can't afford to relax. But I do simple things. I do yoga in the morning.  After playing golf during the day, I do little stretching in the evening and some shoulder strengthening exercises as well.  I have a simple regime to follow. Another thing that helps me concentrate is track shooting and riding bikes. Both are fun so you don't get stressed while doing either.

Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh
Chitrangada Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment