March 16, 2011

Kareena's egg funda

Doesn't do scene that has her eating scrambled eggs. Convinces director to let her eat pancakes instead!
An unusual request, this. Kareena Kapoor told Short Term Shaadi director Shakun Batra in no uncertain terms that she wouldn't eat eggs for a scene, though the script demanded it.

Says a unit source, "Kareena plays a hairstylist in the film and was to shoot a breakfast scene set in a US cafe with Imran Khan.



The director Shakun Batra wanted his leading lady to eat scrambled eggs in the scene but she refused to. She pleaded with, argued with and eventually, threw a tantrum.

The director finally gave in. The eggs were substituted by pancakes. And thanks to several retakes, the actress ended up eating as many as 15."

Says Bebo, "I don't eat eggs. I gave up eating non-vegetarian food six years ago. I told Shakun we could have me eat eggless pancakes for the scene instead. He was very cooperative."

She adds that it isn't a one-off fad. "Even if the scene required it, I won't have such food. I have laid down that rule and explain my stance when I'm doing any film," she says firmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment