April 13, 2011

Boxer Vijender needs his coach to debut with Narmadda

Boxer Vijender needs his coach to debut with NarmaddaVijender Singh intends to come to Bollywood this month, but with his trainer and sparring partner in tow. No, it's not because the 2008 Olympic bronze medalist needs additional protection in the big bad world of Bollywood.

Singh wants to continue his practice for the upcoming boxing World Boxing Championship in September in Busan, South Korea and the 2012 Olympics.

"My coach and sparring partner will accompany me to the sets. I need to keep practicing. Bollywood ka kya pata?Aaj hai kal na ho. (Who knows about Bollywood. It may be there today, but not tomorrow), " says Singh.

Clearly, Singh is a boxer first and an actor making his debut, later. Singh has two acting commitments to make good on. He plays a boxer in Percept Pictures' semi-autobiographical film and pairs up with Govinda's daughter Narmadda in a love story that he will start shooting for this month.

Singh isn't as star struck as you'd think. "All sportspersons who have gone into films have been flops. I'm prepared for it. I don't know about my career as an actor.

I'm currently preparing for the world championship in September, since it's the qualifying event for the Olympics. " When asked what he's doing to prepare for his films, Singh says he plans to be himself in front of the camera. "I've been a lover-boy all my life, so that role comes naturally to me, " he laughs.
Narmmadaa Ahuja

No comments:

Post a Comment