October 29, 2009

Asin collapses

Fainting spells seem contagious in the industry. Priyanka Chopra started the trend, and now Asin follows suit. It’s worrying though, that the compulsion to maintain an hourglass figure is affecting the health of the actresses. They lose weight at an alarming rate and resort to unhealthy dietary plans. It’s bound to catch up, sometimes even in public.
On Saturday (October 24), just two days before her 24th birthday, Asin collapsed at a club in Andheri where she was doing a series of nonstop television interviews for her latest film.
In the middle of the conversations, Asin simply passed out and had to be revived by her staff and friends who rushed forward with instant energy-boosters.
Resting at her home on her birthday on Monday, Asin laughed, “I’ve become quite a hazard zone, haven’t I? Going by the number of mishaps, I qualify as the desi Calamity Jane. Actually, I hadn’t slept at all that day or the night before. I had been doing back-to-back interviews for London Dreams for the last one week with just 3-4 hours of sleep. On that day, there was no sleep or food at all. Anyway, I ’ m making up for the exhausting week with the most peaceful and happy birthday of my life.”
Asin brought in her birthday with a quiet dinner on Sunday night with her close friends. She said, “I had eight of my closest friends over for dinner. We had a ball. At midnight, they made me cut a cake. I felt like I was 12 years old again.”
Earlier in the evening, Asin arrived home to a big surprise. She said, “When I opened the door, the entire house was done up with balloons by my parents, just like they used to for my birthdays when I was a child. I had to burst quite a few balloons because there was no room to even walk. I’ve never felt happier.”
The second half of the day was devoted to spending time with the kids in her highrise apartment. She said, “Fortunately there was enough cake and chocolates to go around. So it was great fun. This is the best birthday I’ve had.”

No comments:

Post a Comment