October 29, 2009

Hottie Jacqueline Fernandez on films, men and bikinis!

Miss Sri Lanka, Jacqueline Fernandez is all set to shimmer in tinsel town what with her first Hindi film ‘Aladin’ on the brim of release. “To play a fairytale character right in your first film is truly dream like. Yes ‘Aladin’ has all big actors – Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt – but I would’ve done the film irrespective,” states the actress, who’ll be seen as Aladin’s beloved, Princess Jasmine.
Fondly called Jacky by her friends and family, Jacqueline says it’s too boyish a name, and so she doesn’t have too many people call her that. So how Indian can Jacky get? “Well, I’m Asian, and the world has come of age. So there was no kind of culture shock whatsoever. Yes, I’ve made a conscious effort to Indianise myself – by watching Hindi movies!”
Bollywood, however, isn’t alien to Jacqueline. “My father is Indian, so though I dance to English music and sing English songs, Hindi films have also been playing in the background. My dad is a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan’s, and suddenly when he saw his daughter dance and sing with him, he wasn’t so sure,” laughs the actress, “Mum has visited me on the sets several times, and was blown away by the magnitude of this project. We had erected 40 sets, each more exquisite than the other. ‘Aladin’ is huge! But now it’s dad’s turn to come down here and get introduced to AB, I really don’t know how he’s going to react!”
Dressed from head to toe in beautiful dresses is one thing, but Jacqueline seems well-prepared to shed those and conveniently put on a two-piece if the script demands it. “Wearing a bikini is no big deal. The audiences are over it, and it’s time we get over it as well,” she urges.
Having shared screen space with Ritesh Deshmukh in her first film, her second – ‘Jaane Kahaan Se Aayi Hai’ - will star Ritesh as well! Get ready for the link-up stories, we tell her! In fact, Jacky is already being linked up with ‘Aladin’ director Sujoy Ghosh. “We find it hilarious, and accept it as a package deal. As long as people in the industry take me seriously, I’m ok with it. As long as this mindless gossip doesn’t jeopardize my career or hurt my family in anyway, it won’t faze me!” promises Jacqueline, who sincerely believes that she’s here to stay! “I’d like to work with everyone! I’m up for it!” she tells us.
About the men in her life, she says there’s just one. “My dad! And then there’s of course my brother Warren who is a body builder in Australia, and extremely protective. So the boys, I guess, just prefer to stay away and aren’t too willing to take the risk,” she winks, and disappears just like she had appeared... like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment