November 01, 2009

I don't think I will wear a bikini again : Anushka

I don't think I will wear a bikini again
Anushka the sexy south siren, struck box-office gold with the blockbuster Arundhati followed by the glam doll role in Billa. She also bagged special jury award for her mesmerizing performance in the film Arundathi.
Anushka admits that while it's an honour to win this award and she feels the time has come to do something different. The actress says she dislikes being typecast in a particular image.
"The bikini scenes in Billa were vital because they showed me as a seductress. I'd like to say here that outfits define a character and help an actor, say 30 per cent, the rest depends on one's histrionic skills. It's possible that I may not get to do a trendsetting film like Arundhati again since these kind of films happen rarely. And I don't think I'll repeat the bikini act either," she says.
On speaking about her upcoming film with Mahesh Babu.
"I have a well-etched out role in the film. Mahesh is a great co-star. He's very, very dedicated to his craft. His on screen spontaneity never ceases to amaze me. Actually I have been very lucky with all my co-actors. I've only worked with very professional people," she said.
Anushka is currently working for two big projects in Kollywood with Tamil star heroes Vijay and Surya.
"As actors we shouldn't worry too much about the language we are going to speak in a film. For me doing good work is important. Vijay is a mainstream Kollywood actor, but in this new film he's doing something different. In Suriya's film, I have an interesting role too. For me both these Tamil films are very challenging," confesses Anushka.
Anushka has signed only one female centric film after Arundhati. Was that a deliberate choice?
"I have been deluged with films where the female protagonist is the centre of attention. After one blockbuster, I need to be careful about the kind of female-centric films I do. I am looking for a meaty role that I can sink my teeth into," she says.
On speaking about her remuneration, Anushka points out that she's never been unreasonable about her cheque and will always give top priority to the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment