March 14, 2011

Bong Model Kasturi Samanta

Kasturi Speaks (about her):
It started when I was only sixteen. I had beautiful long hair could easily shame the winners of all the beauty pageants. One fine day, I went to a saloon and cut it down to a crew cut. The hair stylist was adamant not to cut it , but I was more adamant. I did it as a revolt.  I did it, because I knew, I was more than my hair — than my body – than my status quo in society. And that was the beginning of my quest.  A quest, that led me through a thousand experiences. Life, that was till then, confined between my school and my home, expanded into a kaleidoscope of hues.
I discovered a hundred selves within me. I became a karateka, a dancer , a rock-climber, an actress and an adventurer. I came to know my body, not by my cup size or hip measurement, but by the limits of endurance and expression that it can contain. My spirit of adventure has led me up into the very heart of the Mountains. I dared to walk  the crystal causeways, matching steps with the cold, mighty gods of the High Himalayas ! I danced to the tune of the frosty winds, far above this familiar world of ours ! My mountains are my Gods, my Gurus, my friends, and my enemies ! They have shown me the deep beauty of a moonless night, and the ecstasy of a flaming dawn.They have opened my eyes to suffering  and danger, both natural and man-made. They at the same time, both humbled me and made me great. In short, they have shown me that, I am more than my reflection in the mirror, than my image in the society, more even than the success or failure in my career. My journey has but just begun, and I will have a long way to go, before I can even hope to find out what I am, but for now it is enough for me to know, that I am more !

Work Experience:
MODELLING >
PRINT MEDIA: Times of India, Telegraph, Sananda, Saptahik Bartaman, Hindusthan Times, India Today, Aaj Kaal.
PRODUCT / BRAND MODELLING: MPS Greenfort Resort-Jhargram, MPS Greenery Developers, Pooja Interiors, Nite Flite, Vandana Sarees, Hari Om Textiles, Aadi Fabric Whitener, Fantastic Fashion
DESIGNER WORK: Richa Kanoria, Simmi Sethi, Nidhi Kampani
RAMP SHOWS : Geeta Sarees, Laser, Vodafone, Samsung, Bazar Kolkata
MOVIE AD : Bangladesh Airlines, Black Nite Shaving Cream, Deboshree’s Boutique
ACTING >
TELEFILMS & DOCUMENTARY:
“Shristi” directed by Ratan Koiri.
“Ardhek Akash” directed by Aloke Mukherjee & Joydip Banerjee.
“Tamanna” by Raja Dey
MOVIE : ” Raat Porir Roopkatha ” by Sanghamitra Chowdhury.
THEATRE: Studied Drama with theater personality Jayoti Basu and worked in her production “Strir Patro” , adaptation of a short story by Rabindranath Tagore
STAGE ANCHORING :
Samsung Dealer’s meet, Guwahati.
234 thFoundation Day Celebration of  AOC Corps at Panagarh Military Base.
New Year’s Eve at International Club, Kolkata
Click on the Pics below to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment