October 20, 2009

I will cherish compliment from Balachander forever : Asin

I will cherish compliment from Balachander forever : Asin
Winning awards and accolades is every actor's dream. But there comes a point when they cherish moments more than mementoes. Such is the case with Asin, who shot to the top with her well-appreciated Bollywood debut in Ghajini and is now looking ahead to London Dreams. She's received a lot of praise here as well as down South, but the actress says the one moment she cherishes most came when her mentor lauded her at a gathering.

"I used to do a lot of print ads in the South. Director K. Balachander has been a mentor and guru to stalwarts like Rajnikant, Kamal Haasan, Sridevi and Prakash Raj. He's worked with such big stars but he was the one to give me a break in commercials too. He wanted to launch me in films as well, but someone beat him to it. His wife would often see me on television and say: Here's your Asin. After the success of Ghajini, at a function in the South, Balachander went on stage and the first thing he did was compliment and appreciate me in front of a large audience. I was stunned and didn't know how to react. It was a huge moment and I will cherish it forever," Asin says.

Her tender age belies a wealth of experience. Few know Asin began working at the age of 14. "I did my first movie when I was just 15. I was too young to know what I wanted to do. Like every teenager, some idea gets stuck in your head and you continue with it. Aamir Khan also noticed me in my films and that's how I am here n Bollywood. I hope I continue to cherish many more such moments in my life," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment