February 11, 2010

Vernon Kay admits sending steamy texts to FIVE women: Forgive me, he begs Tess Daly

Vernon Kay spent yesterday deep in conversation with a shapely young blonde. 

Unfortunately for him, this time it was his wife.
The Family Fortunes host had to explain to a furious Tess Daly exactly why he had sent a series of explicit messages to a Page 3 model.
Last night he also admitted to texting 'sexy messages' to up to 'four or five' friends and colleagues - but denied he was a sex pest.
Close: Vernon Kay and his wife Tess Daly in happier times
Close: Vernon Kay and his wife Tess Daly
Kay is said to have used the Twitter blogging service's private message function for chitchat very much at odds with his image as a clean-cut family man.
The 35-year-old father of two, who has a £2million deal to present shows for ITV, claims not to have slept with model Rhian Sugden, 23.
Yesterday that protestation of innocence was no doubt repeated at the mansion in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, he shares with his wife.
'This did cause a bit of drama, but Tess and Vernon are not going to split over this,' a source close to the couple told the Mail.
RHIAN SUGDEN
Rhian Sugden
Look who's calling: Page 3 model Rhian Sugden
'Vernon has not cheated, he didn't sleep with this girl. But he knows that he has been stupid and it was a mistake.
'They are together at home and Vernon feels like an idiot because he didn't come clean to Tess about the messages and now it is all over the papers.
'He is so sorry and really embarrassed about the whole thing - it was never his intention to hurt his family.'
Kay told today's The Sun: 'Tess is extremely upset and we're working through it.
Vernon Kay
Till text do us part? Vernon Kay and Tess Daly on their wedding day in 2003
'But in some ways I'm glad this story has come out.
‘It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
'I knew it was getting silly, I'm never going to do it again and hopefully I can clear the slate clean and start again.
'I'm so sorry. I've been an idiot and I've let my family down.'
He added: 'I've been stupid and daft and I'm not a sex pest. I've only done this with four or five girls and I've known them all well - they've been friends or colleagues.
'I know a single guy can get away with things like that but I'm married and I understand this is off limits.'

Miss Sugden met Kay when he was guest DJ at a nightclub in his home town of Bolton.
She is believed to have sent him a text after obtaining his phone number from friends.
While Miss Daly, 40, was busy hosting Strictly Come Dancing and caring for the couple's daughters, Phoebe, five, and Amber, eight months, Kay was enjoying flirty exchanges with his new friend on Twitter.
The source added: 'He just thought it was all a bit of fun when Rhian started messaging him.'
Kay's spokesman admitted he had sent the text messages.
But he insisted: 'They never at any point had a physical sexual relationship.'
Miss Sugden, who often appears topless in The Sun and once dated Russell Brand, said: 'I met Vernon in a club in Bolton and we have exchanged a few racy texts.'
She added yesterday: 'I'm on a Page 3 shoot right now and don't want to talk about it.'
Then she announced on her Twitter page that she was turning her phone off and leaving the UK for a holiday.
Kay, a former model, married Miss Daly in September 2003.
'She's the love of my life,' he has said. 'I've never met another woman like her.'
Last year Miss Daly told the Mail she trusts her husband.
'He loves me; he loves our family,' she said. 'And I trust him. I have to, because what's the alternative?'

No comments:

Post a Comment