February 11, 2010

Yo-yo dieter Kerry Katona is back in a size 10 swimsuit after dropping a stone at bootcamp

Last time Kerry Katona looked this good she'd undergone hours of intrusive plastic surgery.
But as the yo-yo dieter unveils her newly trim figure, it is due to nothing more than hard work.
After two weeks at an army-style exercise bootcamp the reality TV star has dropped a stone from 10st 3lbs to 9st 3lbs, and can once again wear a size ten.
Kerry Katona
Kerry Katona
Getting back into shape: Kerry Katona exercised for 11 hours a day for two weeks to lose a stone and get back into a size ten swimsuit
But it hasn't been easy. It's taken two weeks of 11 hours of exercise a day.
'The day before I left for bootcamp I was crying my eyes out, saying to Mark: "I can’t go!"' she admits.
 
'On the way in the car, I even said to my driver: "Can we stop off in a service station so I can get a Big Mac and a Mars bar!"
'I thought I’d never be able to cope with such a hardcore regime.'
Kerry katona
KERRY KATONA
Working out: Now back at home in Warrington, Kerry was keeping up her fitness routine yesterday as she went for a run in the park
The 5.30am starts didn't help.
'On the first day of the camp, I was nicknamed ‘The Warrington Whinger’ because I was sweating like mad and crying, ‘I can’t, I can’t!’ when the trainers shouted at me,' she told Closer magazine.
the full interview with Kerry is in this week's Closer magazine, out now
the full interview with Kerry is in this week's Closer magazine, out now


'It was so emotional – I felt like I was stranded in the jungle on I’m A Celeb! again!
'But when the day was over and I was having dinner with the girls, I felt such a sense of achievement. We all got on so well.'
The 29-year-old dropped from a size 14 to an 8 in 2008 thanks to expensive liposuction. But within months she had piled the weight back on.
Now, after circuit training, skipping, walking and running her way to a toned figure, she is happy with her body.
'After four kids I couldn’t feel any muscle in my stomach but now it’s rock hard,' she said.
'I can’t wait to book a holiday and show it off in a bikini!
'I’ve still got all my curves and my boobs, which is good – I’d much rather have a body like Kimberley Walsh than Cheryl Cole.'
Kerry Katona
Kerry
Fluctuating weight: Kerry after her weight loss surgery in 2008, left, and after piling it back on a few months later

And it wasn't just her body that benefited.
'I don’t have any real mates and I’d definitely describe myself as a loner because it’s so hard for me to trust people,' she said.
'But at bootcamp I met a group of five women who were so genuine, friendly and supportive.
'I’m meeting up with them next weekend for a big girlie night out. It’s a real step forward because I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do that before.'

No comments:

Post a Comment